Friday, October 4, 2019

Week 1 Forum

About Me: 
My name is Samantha Adams and my current major is New Media and Communications- I have always wanted to do broadcasting, PR work or reporting. I took this class to get more experience in the photo journalism realm but also to get more experience with computer software dealing with photos and editing. I really wanted to do a travel vlog and go around Oregon and visit amazing areas and vlog about them. My editing skills are the best but I love to be in front of the camera.

Goals: 
Getting an A is definitely top priority because I sort of bombed last year so I need to get my GPA back up. I want to get better with photo editing; I started a small business and I still like to vlog so pictures and editing skill sets are a must for me. I want to get out of my shell (more) so I can get used to reporting and being comfortable with taking pictures.

Humans of LBCC photos:
I felt very uncomfortable with this assignment because I know literally no one here on campus. I am older than the "average" college student so I almost developed a bit of anxiety trying to be "cool enough" to go up to younger students.

Going about the assignment  I decided to focus on Veterans since i'm a veteran also and it made it more comfortable and easier for me to ask questions and relate to the experience they may have had.

I liked working with vets just because I know how to talk to them and relate to them.

I think the final product turned out great! I love getting to know vets because everyones experience is different in the military and to learn their stories is very fascinating.

When I do this next time I think i'll start with a veteran and then do a student. I want to start with a vet so I can be comfortable in my assignment but also so students can see that vets have stories that shape them and guide them to their major.

I think my favorite part of the assignment was completing it and knowing "I did it". I was struggling and I finally told myself "I need an A so you have to do this!" and it allowed me to just suck it up and do the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo Story; Up Close and Personal with CPD

Lt. Goodwin- Corvallis Police Department I had the opportunity to follow Lt. Goodwin with the Corvallis Police Department. I really wanted...