Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Week 7 Forum

Week 7 Forum:

1. This weekend I will be in Gold Beach, OR, my husbands family is from Gold Beach and they know a huge amount about the town and what's historical, so I am leaning towards doing that town and getting all the back history about it.

2. I want to take a picture of their historical bridge but also get landmarks that people may not be so familiar with. One activity that I could take would be maybe going out on the water and getting which ever "season" is going on for example, crabbing season, salmon season, etc. One portrait idea I want to do is maybe a coach, a pastor, or a local who has been a resident for a few generations.

3. The biggest challenge I foresee is the activity feature. Numerous activities don't always happen in Gold Beach so I am eager to see if anything will happen this weekend that I can capture.

1. If I don't do Gold Beach, OR I will definitely do my town of Independence, OR. There are many areas in Independence that I can capture for the landmark one being Main Street.

2. I want to take a picture of Main Street as well as a few other landmarks to choose from. Events that might be happening are a few open mics at Jubilee, this restaurant on the corner of main or paint and wine nights at Brew.

3. The biggest challenge that I think I will face is maybe getting a portrait shot or even an event.  

Outline TWO photo stories that you could do for your final assignment.
A Cop is my first Option.
A Student/Athlete would be my second


    • Who? Not sure who the person is yet but I am sure they will assign me a person. 
    • What? I want to shoot a police officer during their shift capturing highs and lows of the job.
    • When? I am hoping to start next week or the week after, I am kind of waiting on the Lt. to get back to me.
    • Where? Corvallis, OR.


* So I really want to capture the behind the scenes of what Police Officers face and the stressors of the job. I really want to get the perspective of what the media is not portraying which is everything the officer has to go through and the thoroughness that actually goes on to make sure the person does their job according to their policies, etc. I also want to capture the good things officers do like giving back to the community and basically community involvement, however I also want to capture them in action- maybe during an arrest or a high speed chase.
* I know that I need to get in contact with Lt. Goodwin of Corvallis PD in order to set this all up so he is my main POC at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo Story; Up Close and Personal with CPD

Lt. Goodwin- Corvallis Police Department I had the opportunity to follow Lt. Goodwin with the Corvallis Police Department. I really wanted...